Though most people prefer fresh eggs, there are also times when they may not have access to them. For those situations, powdered eggs can be a lifesaver. These eggs come in dehydrated form and can be stored safely for periods of up to 10 years, which makes them a great addition to your long-term food storage supply.
They’re a good source of protein and a great option when fresh eggs are unavailable, but with so many brands on the market, it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you. So we’ve put together a list of the 5 best powdered eggs on the market today!
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks
Table of Contents
- 3. Cinnamonster Powdered Whole Eggs
- 4. ReadyWise Freeze-Dried Powdered-Egg Bucket
- Why You Should Consider Buying Egg Powders
- The Health Benefits of Powdered Eggs
- How to Store Powdered Eggs
- Final Thoughts
- 71 Servings
- 5,760 Calories
- Perfect for Food Storage, Emergencies, Survival, Camping, and Everyday Use!
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Up to a 10 Year Shelf Life!
If you’re looking for a powdered egg that tastes like the real thing, Augason Farms Dried Whole Egg is a great option. It’s made with 100% dried eggs, which gives it a rich and creamy flavor.
This egg mixture is a good choice for those who want a versatile option that can be used in various recipes. It comes freeze-dried, which helps to extend the shelf life and make it easy to use.
- Stays fresh for up to 10 years
- It can be used in a variety of recipes
- It comes with a resealable bag for easy storage
- It provides a gluten-free food source
- Ideal for those who want to avoid unhealthy fats and cholesterol
- It can make pastries dense if used for baking
With a great taste and 10-year shelf life, there’s no question that Augason Farms dried whole egg provides value for your money.
2. Judee’s Whole Egg Powder
- Package contains the equivalent of 24 whole eggs. Mix 2 tablespoons whole dried eggs with 2 1/2 tablespoons water to have an equivalent of 1 fresh egg.
- An excellent source of vitamins and protein. Whole dried eggs can be substituted for nearly any baking or cooking needs requiring eggs.
- Produced from the freshest eggs less than 30 days old. Humanely Produced from UEP certified egg farmers. Made in the USA in a dedicated gluten-free facility and shipped in a standup, resealable pouch to ensure freshness.
- Ingredients: 100% Whole Egg Dried Powder
- Since 2009, Judee’s has been dedicated to providing fresh, allergy-conscious ingredients. We recently updated our packaging, and even though you may receive our previous design, it’s the same great product inside.
Judee’s Whole Egg Powder is a good choice if you’re looking for an all-natural option. It uses only the highest-quality ingredients and is free from chemicals and soy. This dry egg powder is also gluten-free, making it a good choice for those with dietary restrictions. It comes packaged in an 11-ounce package.
Judee’s Whole Egg Powder 11oz is an excellent alternative for individuals with gluten and soy allergies. It also offers a non-GMO, easy-to-use alternative to processed foods that can be used in various recipes.
- It offers a healthy alternative to processed foods as it’s non-GMO and soy-free
- It comes in a resealable bag
- It’s perfectly suitable for those with gluten allergies as it’s gluten-free
- The egg powder can get lumpy when water is added.
If you’re looking for convenience without sacrificing taste or nutritional value, this dry egg powder will do the trick.
3. Cinnamonster Powdered Whole Eggs
- WHY PAY MORE? WE HAVE THE BEST PRICES WITH THE FRESHEST EGGS! , 2 POUNDS WHOLE POWDERED PASTEURIZED EGGS, MAKES 70 LARGE EGGS, 1 INGREDIENT – EGGS!, PRIORITY FAST SHIPPING! FARM FRESH FROM IOWA, HEAT SEALED RESEALABLE POUCH, MAKE ANY EGG PRODUCT OR USE IN BAKING
- See our 2 Pack for BIG SAVINGS Amazon Item #B08R6JDZ8W
- All Natural, No Preservatives, Heat Pasteurized, Spray Dried, Farm Fresh Eggs, Packaged in our USDA and FDA Licensed Facility
- Resealable Pouch! Perfect for Camping, Survival, Emergency. See our NEW egg mixes; Western Slinger Scrambled Egg Mix Amazon item number B095PVVXQ6 and Eggs Ole’ Mexican Seasoned Scrambled Egg Mix Amazon Item Number B095LCCHRR and Kick’n Hot Scrambled Eggs Amazon Item Number B0957Z62SW
- Works great for baking when eggs are required in recipes
Cinnamonster Powdered Whole Eggs offers a simple, easy-to-use solution. These dehydrated whole eggs have been ground into a powder and contain no additives or preservatives. This powdered egg option is an excellent choice for those who want a healthy and versatile option that can be used in various recipes.
- This powdered egg offers a homemade taste with no additives or preservatives
- It can be used as scrambled eggs or in baking pastries
- It can be used to replace regular eggs in any recipe
- Ideal for those who want the health benefits of whole eggs without the cholesterol and fat
- The taste isn’t quite as good as fresh eggs, although it’s still far better than egg substitutes
For individuals who don’t mind spending a bit more for convenience and the homemade taste of real eggs, Cinnamonster Powdered Whole Eggs are a great buy.
- ESSENTIAL SURVIVAL KIT: Each bucket contains 144 servings of freeze-dried powdered eggs.
- JUST ADD WATER: Each pouch is easy to prepare in any emergency circumstance using just water.
- LONG-LASTING STORAGE: Durable, storable food pouches keep rations fresh for up to 25 years.
- INDIVIDUAL PACKS: Each bucket has 6 individual ready-to-eat pouches of freeze-dried eggs.
- BE READY: From emergency food rationing to hiking and camping, our shelf-stable food is there for you.
If you’re looking to stock up on long-term storage foods or would like a convenient backup plan in case of emergencies, ReadyWise Emergency Food Supplies Freeze-Dried Powdered Eggs Bucket is a great choice.
This powdered egg comes with 5 canisters of powdered whole eggs, which is good news for those with a backup food storage or survival plan.
- It offers 5 canisters of powdered whole eggs at your fingertips, making it great for families
- Great for anyone stocking up on emergency food supplies, camping or hiking trips, or global travel
- It might be a bit pricey for some
If you’re on the market for a powdered egg that is easy to store and great for stocking up your resources, ReadyWise Emergency Food Supplies Freeze-Dried Powdered Eggs Bucket is an excellent option.
- EMERGENCY FOOD SUPPLY – Stock easy-to-cook eggs in your pantry with OvaEasy freeze dried eggs! Each pack of our dehydrated food does not require refrigeration. You can even store this for 30 months without worrying about spoilage! For an already opened bag, you can still use the powdered eggs within six months.
- MADE FROM REAL FRESH EGGS – Each pack of OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals is equivalent to 5 real fresh eggs. Satisfy your egg cravings with all-natural powdered eggs from OvaEasy! This dehydrated food is made from non-GMO eggs for a nutrient-rich product.
- EASY TO PREPARE EGG MEAL – Just mix 2 parts OvaEasy with 3 parts cold water. Cook or microwave the mixture and enjoy the egg’s delightful taste! You can also refrigerate any remaining liquid egg and cook the egg powder mixture within five days.
- NO ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVES – Tired of processed food filled with artificial ingredients? OvaEasy egg powder uses natural and fresh ingredients to provide you with hormone and antibiotic-free dried eggs. What’s more, OvaEasy egg crystals only contain natural flavors and colors from wholesome fresh eggs.
- MADE WITH REFINED DRYING TECHNOLOGY – We process our dehydrated eggs with modern and safe drying technology to provide healthy and tasty quick meals. Our crystal freeze-drying procedure ensures that you will still taste the natural flavors of whole eggs. More importantly, we expose all-natural eggs to low-temperature pasteurization techniques that do not affect their nutritional content.
OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals are a perfect choice for long-term storage. This powdered egg is often used by restaurants, food manufacturers, and even in disaster relief efforts in addition to home use.
OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals are also excellent for individuals looking to stock up on long-term storage foods, such as those who enjoy camping or hiking trips, as well as those stocking up on emergency food supplies.
- It’s easy to store at home
- It comes with resealable packaging
- The eggs are great for those looking for easy-to-use powdered eggs
- It can be used as scrambled eggs or used in pastries
- Ideal for emergency preparedness as it provides long-term storage food in your pantry
- They’re a little pricey
Why You Should Consider Buying Egg Powders
The value of the best powdered eggs is often overlooked, and the average person doesn’t think about powdered eggs very often, but they can be extremely helpful in certain situations.
This section takes a look at why you may want to consider purchasing dry egg powder.
A Reliable Staple
Powdered eggs are a reliable source of food for many reasons. They last for a long time when stored properly, and they’re easy to transport.
Additionally, powdered eggs provide a quick and easy way to get protein into your diet, especially if you’re on the go or building up your survival food stock.
Durable and Easy to Store
Powdered eggs are durable and last for a long time when stored properly. They can be kept in storage without the fear of going bad or expiring quickly, making them an excellent choice for families with children or seniors who may not cook regularly.
Powdered eggs last for a long time when stored in optimal conditions. They can be stored for up to 10 years when kept in a cool, dry place and don’t require refrigeration. This makes them an excellent choice for those who want to have a long-term food storage plan in the event of an emergency.
Powdered eggs contain all of the nutritional value of whole eggs because they are made from natural egg whites and real egg yolks. They provide high-quality protein, cholesterol-free fat, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients our bodies need for optimal health.
Cost and Space-Effective
Powdered eggs are cost-effective because they are a cheaper long-term alternative to fresh eggs. This makes them an economical choice for those looking for a high-quality, long-term food storage solution.
Additionally, they don’t require refrigeration and as such, you could free up space for other items that need to be chilled and have a shorter shelf life.
Risk of Bacteria is Reduced
The Health Benefits of Powdered Eggs
Powdered eggs are time-saving and cost-effective, but did you know that these dry egg whites provide protein from high-quality sources? Compared to fresh egg whites, powdered egg whites have the same amount of protein but more calories per gram.
Below are some of the health benefits of powdered eggs:
Lots of Protein
One tablespoon of powdered eggs can provide up to 5.77 grams of protein. This is a great way to add quality protein to your diet, especially if you want to lose weight or maintain your current weight.
Packed with Nutrients
In addition to protein, powdered eggs are also packed with nutrients our bodies need for optimal health. Vitamin B12, folic acid, riboflavin, and niacin are all present in one spoonful of powdered eggs.
If you’re on a gluten-free diet, powdered eggs are an excellent option for you. They don’t contain any gluten and can be used in many different gluten-free recipes.
Full Range of Amino Acids
Powdered eggs provide all of the amino acids that our bodies need to function correctly. Since they’re made from natural egg whites and yolks, powdered eggs contain high concentrations of sulfur, which is critical for healthy hair, skin, nails, and other tissues.
Eggs are a rich source of antioxidants, which protect our cells from damage. Powdered eggs are a great way to get antioxidants into your diet and help prevent disease and promote healthy aging.
Rich in Calcium and Potassium
Powdered eggs are also rich in calcium and potassium. 78 milligrams of potassium and 6 milligrams of calcium are all included in a tablespoon of powdered eggs. Calcium is an essential nutrient for building strong bones. Additionally, they provide potassium, which is essential for healthy blood pressure levels.
Now that you know all about the fantastic health benefits of powdered eggs, it’s time to stock up and add them to your daily routine or survival gear!
How to Store Powdered Eggs
Store in a Cool, Dry Place
Powdered eggs should be stored in a cool, dry place. This could be in your pantry, cupboard, or basement.
Do Not Freeze
Powdered eggs should never be frozen. If you do freeze them, they might not be usable when you thaw them out.
Don’t Expose to Oxygen
Store powdered eggs in the original packaging to help prevent exposure to oxygen. If your powdered eggs are exposed to oxygen, they may not be usable when you use them at a later time. This will also dramatically reduce their shelf life.
Use a Sifter When Packing
When packing powdered eggs, use a sifter to help prevent them from clumping together. This will make it easier to measure them when you’re ready to use them.
Use Tightly Sealed Containers
If you’re not using the powdered eggs right away, store them in tightly sealed containers. This will help prevent them from being exposed to oxygen and will help keep them fresh for an extended period.
Use Oxygen Absorbers
If you’re going to be storing your powdered eggs for an extended time, use an oxygen absorber. This will help to keep them fresh and free from bacteria.
By the end of this article, you should have all you need to know about the best powdered eggs, their uses, and their benefits! Powdered eggs are the perfect addition to your everyday meal prep, as well as your food storage for emergency situations or at your bug-out location.
Using powdered eggs is an affordable and convenient long-term alternative to using fresh eggs, and can be great to store in your kitchen until you need to use them. No matter which powdered egg option you go with, you can rest assured you’re receiving a quality product that will benefit you and your family – maybe even for years to come!