You never had a true fishing experience until you fished from a boat. Being able to gracefully glide across the waters while you seek out all the best fishing spots is an unforgettable experience. But boats can be bulky and difficult to haul around from one lake to another.
With the best inflatable fishing boat, you will not only avoid unnecessary storage but will still be able to enjoy all the beauty of a fishing experience.
In this guide, we will help you find a good inflatable boat that won’t just make your fishing trips more successful but will also open up doors to many other watery adventures.
Table of Contents
- The Best Inflatable Fishing Boat
- 1. The Intex Excursion Inflatable Boat – The Overall Best Fishing Boat
- 2. The Intex Seahawk Inflatable Boat – The Runner-Up Inflatable Fishing Boat
- 3. The Intex Mariner Inflatable Boat – The Inflatable Boat With the Sturdiest Floor
- 4. The Yocalo Inflatable Boat – The Best Budget Inflatable Fishing Boat
- 5. The Airhead Angler Bay Inflatable Boat – The Best Fishing Boat with Cupholders
- Final Thoughts
The Best Inflatable Fishing Boat
The most important features to look for in a fishing boat are safety, durability, portability, and handling. We took some time to seek out quality inflatable fishing kayaks with loads of safety features, strong and sturdy construction, and great handling while out on the waters.
Here is a quick look at boats that we feel offer all of these qualities and more.
1. The Intex Excursion Inflatable Boat – The Overall Best Fishing Boat
- INFLATABLE BOAT: The Intex Excursion 5 inflatable boat is suitable for up to 5 adults and has a 1300 pound capacity making it great for boating or fishing with friends. NMMA and U.S. Coast Guard certified; Water craft for lakes and mild rivers.
- FEATURES: 2 inflatable seats with backrests are included for comfort and seating stability provides superior back support for boating and fishing. Fishing and relaxing have never been easier with the 4 built-in fishing rod holders and gear pouch.
- MOUNTING: Fittings for a motor mount are included for the flexibility of adding a trolling motor (motor and motor mount sold separately) with 2 grab handles on each bow and an all-around grab line are provided for your convenience, as well as welded on oar locks and oar holders.
- BOAT DESIGN: Designed with heavy-duty, puncture resistant PVC for comfort and durability, and an inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity. With 3 air chambers including an inner auxiliary chamber inside the main hull for extra buoyancy and safety.
- INCLUDES: The easy to store and carry package includes the Excursion 5 boat, 2, 54-inch aluminum oars and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation, repair patch kit and carry bag. Boat weighs 57 pounds and dimensions are (LxWxH): 144 x 66 x 17 inches.
The Intex Excursion boat is our top pick because it is affordable, comfortable and it has plenty of star ratings from buyers who love this product.
This grey and blue boat is available in 4 person and 5 person sizes and it has a massive weight capacity of up to 1300 pounds, so you can seat plenty of people and carry along a lot of fishing gear!
The little boat includes accessories like rod holders to keep your Survival fishing rod safe and secure, oarlocks to prevent your oars from falling overboard, a handled rope, and two comfortable inflatable seats. The inflatable fishing kayak includes mounts that can handle a boat motor of up to 1.5 hp.
You also get two aluminum oars and a pump that can inflate the boat in about 20 minutes. It deflates to a compact size so you can easily store it, but at 57 pounds it isn’t the lightest boat to carry around.
- Folding dimensions – 24.3 x 21.2 x 16.35 inches
- Inflated dimensions – 144 x 66 x 17 inches
- Size – 4 and 5 person available
- Weight – 57 pounds
- Color – White with blue
- Main materials – Puncture resistant PVC with 3 air chambers
- Weight capacity – 1300 pounds (5 people)
- Compatibility – Lakes and mild rivers (electric trolling motor with max 1.5 horsepower)
- Boat accessories – 2 inflatable seats with backrests, built-in fishing rod holders, oarlocks, and oar holders
Included – Boat, carry bag, 2 x aluminum oars, high-output pump, and repair patch kit.
- Inflate the boat by hand in about 15 – 20 minutes
- Holds up great in the water
- The storage bag is very convenient
- Light and portable so you can take it anywhere
- Available in 4 or 5 seater size
- The boat has lots of accessories for a 1.5 horsepower motor
- t includes 2 inflatable seats with backrests
- The boat has a good carrying capacity of up to 1300 pounds
- Easily punctured
- Easily punctured
The base can create a bump if exposed to excessive sunlight
2. The Intex Seahawk Inflatable Boat – The Runner-Up Inflatable Fishing Boat
- Whether you’re fishing, relaxing, or rowing on the Lake, the Seahawk 3 inflatable boat is great for making your boating experience exciting and entertaining.
- Designed with heavy duty, puncture resistant PVC for comfort and durability, and an inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity, the boat contains 3 air chambers. Persons 3.
- Seahawk 3 boat set provides added accessories including: two 48 inch aluminum oars and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation with the 2 quick-fill, fast-deflate Boston valves.
- Inflated dimension: 9’8″ x 4’6″ x 1’5″. maximum weight capacity: 790 lbs.
The Intex Seahawk is one of the best inflatable boats to get at the moment. This compact little boat is bought and loved by over 6800 people, who gave it high star ratings.
This green and yellow boat is available in three different sizes; 2-person, 3-person, and 5-person Some feel that this seating arrangement isn’t very realistic, especially since the 3-person boat has a maximum weight capacity of 790 pounds.
This model is great for lakes and mild waters because it is small enough to fit in tight areas or streams. The inflatable pontoon boat comes with a pump, inflatable seats, fishing rod holders, oarlocks, a gear pouch, grab handles and fittings for a 1.5 hp electric trolling motor.
- Folding dimensions – 21.5 x 16.1 x 7 inches
- Inflated dimensions – 116 x 54 x 17 inches
- Size – 2, 3 and 4 person available
- Weight – 31.71 pounds
- Color – Green
- Main materials – Polyvinyl Chloride with 3 air chambers
- Weight capacity – 790 pounds (3 people)
- Compatibility – Lakes, and calm waters
- Boat accessories – 2 x inflatable seats, 2 fishing rod holders, 4 rotational oarlocks, gear pouch, grab handle on bow, grab line all around, and 1.5 hp motor fittings
- Included – 2 x 48-inch aluminum oars, high-output pump, and boat
- The boat is available in three different sizes
- It has a lightweight design so you can easily carry it
- The vinyl is nice and thick to prevent punctures
- The storage pouch is convenient to keep your fishing accessories together
- The aluminum oars are very light and dismount for easy storage
- Two fishing holders and a motor mount included
- The size is perfect for smaller lakes
- Difficult to row with one person because weight acts as an axel, making the boat rotate
- It is hard to stand on the soft floor
- Seats are uncomfortable
3. The Intex Mariner Inflatable Boat – The Inflatable Boat With the Sturdiest Floor
- The strong molecular structure of this plastic makes it highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight.
- Four Boston valves on main hull chamber for quick-fills and fast-deflations.
- The keel is inflatable; this results in improved control and handling.
- A durable rock guard lines the circumference of the hull above which an all-around nylon grab line circles the upper hull.
- Maximum weight capacity- 1100 pounds. Inflated Dimensions: 129″ x 57″ x 19″ (328 x 145 x 48cm).The strong molecular structure of this plastic makes it highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight.
- Four Boston valves on main hull chamber for quick-fills and fast-deflations.
With the Intext Mariner, you can sit back comfortably and read your survival book because this boat for fishing has a very sturdy floor construction and an extra thick baselining to protect you from punctures.
The grey boat is available in 3 and 4-person sizes. Its unique floor design is a bit challenging to assemble, but this floor makes the inflatable kayak a lot more convenient to move or handle on rougher waters compared to others. The sturdier floor surface, however, makes this model more expensive.
The Mariner includes three inflatable seats to keep you comfortable while you are out fishing. It has a large weight capacity of 1100 pounds so you can haul along a lot of fishing gear.
The inflatable raft has lots of accessories like fishing rod holders, cargo pockets, a battery pack, grab handles, rotational oar locks, a motor mount, and two aluminum oars. These accessories will keep your fishing gear secure while you are traveling on smooth rivers and mild waters.
- Inflated dimensions – 129 x 57 x 19 inches
- Size – 3 and 4-person model available
- Weight – 91 pounds
- Color – Grey
- Main materials – Plastic
- Weight capacity – 1100 pounds (4-Person)
- Compatibility – Lakes, rivers, and mild waters
- Boat accessories – 4 Boston valves, 2 fishing rod holders, 3 inflatable seats, 1 gear pouch, 1 battery pack, 2 grab handles, main hull chamber, rock guard, nylon grab line, rotational oar locks, and motor mount
- Included – Boat, 2 x oars, pump, repair patch, and storage bag
- The quality inflatable boat materials are very thick
- The boat is very durable if you store it correctly
- Seams are crafted strong and smooth
- The oarlocks allow for convenient pedaling
- A good size for two adults but can fit four
- The large 1100 weight limit is ideal for carrying lots of fishing gear
- It is a nice and portable boat for travels
- You can use it on small lakes
- The storage bag is not made from the best quality materials and it is a bit small
- The inflatable floor can be challenging to set up or install
- Pump not included
4. The Yocalo Inflatable Boat – The Best Budget Inflatable Fishing Boat
If you are on a tight budget, Yocalo is a good option. This cheap boat has a sleek design, is available in two different colors, and comes in a 2-3 or 3-4-person size.
The inflatable kayak isn’t huge but it is portable and convenient for use on small lakes. The weight limit of 573 pounds is decent for such a small boat, which includes accessories like motor mount fittings, a cushion, rope, and aluminum oars.
It might not have the most indestructible design but it is designed with 4 independent air chambers to help keep you safe and afloat if you happen to get a puncture while you are out having fun.
We feel that Yocalo is an excellent grab-and-go solution.
- Folding dimensions – 106.3 x 55.1 x 17.7 inches
- Inflated dimensions –
- Size – 2-3 or 3-4-person available
- Weight – 22 pounds
- Color – Green and yellow/white and blue
- Main materials – 0.6mm PV
- Weight capacity – 573 pounds (3 adults and 1 child)
- Compatibility – Lakes, mild rivers, and calm seas
- Boat accessories – Boston valve, motor mount fittings, cushion or movable seat, rope, aluminum oars
- Included – Boat, repair patch, inflation pump, and 2 aluminum oars
- The pump is strong enough to blow up the boat in about 30 minutes or less
- It is very light so you can easily carry it into the water
- It comes with a valve flap that doesn’t allow air to escape while you inflate the raft
- Available in different colors and sizes
- The raft is small enough for small lakes
- The 3-person raft can handle up to 573 pounds which is strong for such a small boat
- It folds into a compact size, so you can easily store it away
- The oar fittings are not the best quality
- The pedals are not made of the best quality materials
5. The Airhead Angler Bay Inflatable Boat – The Best Fishing Boat with Cupholders
- Includes an inflatable floor and a movable seat.
- Constructed of heavy duty vinyl with electronically welded seams.
- Equipped with wrap around grab lines.
- There are 2 Rod Holders and multiple molded drink holders
- 4 Person. 109 inch x 56 inch, 30 Guage.
Cup holders make a pretty big difference when you are out on a rigidity boat trying to lure in a big catch. And this is exactly where the AIrhead Angler stands out from the rest. Unlike most of the boats on our list, it comes with two inflatable cup holders that you can use to hold your drink while you master the fishing waters.
In addition, the raft also has two-rod holders to keep your fishing rod secure, an inflatable seat that you can move anywhere you like, a wrap-around grab rope for easy handling, and rope grabs inside the boat to keep you steady.
This model is available in 3, 4, and 6-person sizes but most people feel that these passenger recommendations aren’t very realistic. It can deflate to a compact size so you can easily store it away. Weighing just 16.9 pounds, the boat is light enough to carry.
- Inflated dimensions – 109 x 56 x 30 inches
- Size – 3, 4, and 6-person available
- Weight – 16.9 pounds
- Color – Green and yellow
- Main materials – Heavy-duty vinyl
- Weight capacity – 1200 pounds (6 people)
- Compatibility – Lakes, mild rivers, and sea use
- Boat accessories – 2-rod holders, molded drink holders, wrap-around grab rope, inflatable seat
- Included – Boat only
- The 1200 pound weight limit is ideal for lots of people and their gear
- You can use a larger motor of up to 3hp on this boat
- Two extra air chambers under the sides of the fish hunter
- Cup holders included
- The durability is very good for an inflatable raft
- Folds up very small so you can easily take it along or store it away
- The inflatable seat can be placed anywhere in the boat
- 6 people won’t realistically fit on the boat
- No accessories included
- Expensive price for a boat that doesn’t include a pump
We hope this guide helped you find the best inflatable fishing boat to stay safe and have heaps of fun while you are out there on the open waters. If you are also in the market for other adventure, camping, or survival gear like backpacks, knives, or multi-tools, then you should have a look at some of our other product reviews. On The Preparedness Experience, you will find all the best survival and camping accessories that money can buy.