No matter where in the world you are, sleeping should always be relaxing and comfortable. That’s the time your body goes into rest and repair mode preparing you for your next period of hustle and bustle both mentally and physically.
Our focus for this article will be sleeping bags, specifically the flannel sleeping bag, and which types are best for you in certain conditions. Let’s delve into the best flannel sleeping bag options available at the moment and why they made our list.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks!
Table of Contents
- Best Flannel Sleeping Bag Review
- CANWAY Double Sleeping Bag – Overall Best Flannel Sleeping Bag
- REDCAMP Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag – Best Budget Flannel Sleeping Bag
- Bessport Sleeping Bag – Best Flannel Sleeping Bag For Tall People
- AGEMORE Cotton Flannel Double Sleeping Bag – Best Waterproof Flannel Sleeping Bag
- ALPS OutdoorZ Redwood Flannel Sleeping Bag – Best Durable Flannel Sleeping Bag
- How to Choose The Best Flannel Sleeping Bag
- How to Clean a Sleeping Bag
- Final Thoughts
Best Flannel Sleeping Bag Review
CANWAY Double Sleeping Bag – Overall Best Flannel Sleeping Bag
- Crafted with premium 210T polyester+flannel liner+300GMS filling. So this sleeping bag is quite soft, warm, comfortable and durable, keeping you relax after a long tired day of hiking and climbing.
- Economically and practically efficient; With an impressive size of 85″ X 57″, this sleeping bag can hold two adults (maximum body type: 5.9ft, 180lbs). Also, it comes with two small pillows that will let your camping life more comfortable and have a good night. Perfect for hiking, camping, traveling, etc.
- A free compression bag with straps is included in the package that lightweight and convenient to store and carry, the compression size can be 11*13.78″. Moreover, our sleeping bags are extremely easy to clean as they are safer for machine wash too.
- Stay warm and cozy even when it’s 42°F. Our sleeping bags also have a waterproof, weather-resistant design to keep you warm even in extreme conditions and prevent you from any dampness – this is achieved through double-filled technology and S-shaped quilted design.
Canway double sleeping bag is fabricated from high-quality polyester exterior material. An inner lining of soft flannel and 300GMS fillings guarantees comfortable and warm sleep. There are no worries of skin reactions or irritations as the materials contain no harsh chemicals or treatments.
Fashioned to provide extra warmth for comfortable sleep, this sleeping bag can hold 2 adults thereby increasing body heat. Two accompanying pillows are included to increase comfortability and guarantee a long night’s rest.
Built for on-the-go use, this lightweight sleeping bag is easy to clean and carry. A compression bag with straps is included during purchase. This allows you to roll up and contain your sleeping pad in a portable way when it’s not in use.
Adequately designed for extreme or chilly weather, this quality degree flannel bag will leave you feeling warm and insulated during your sleep. Weatherproof and water-resistant features make it suitable for use in any type of weather.
A 2-way zipper system with an extra zipper guard feature ensures you don’t run into hooks or stops. You can turn this model into separate sleeping bags with a zipper. A drawstring hood means you can avoid heat loss while sleeping.
- Convenient zipper system
- Easy storage system
- High-quality, skin-friendly material
- Suitable for extreme weather
- Machine washable
- Test-resistant material
- Compression bag isn’t waterproof
REDCAMP Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag – Best Budget Flannel Sleeping Bag
- REDCAMP sleeping bag for adults of 6 feet in tall. High-quality and durable 210T polyester ripstop fabric, waterproof and stands up to years of use. Constructed of soft liner and rebounded hollow cotton fiber increase warmth and comfort.
- 2lbs filling cotton lined adult sleeping bag is comfort in 59°F/15°C and fits temperature range 50-77°F/10 – 25°C.3lbs filling sleeping bags is comfort in 50°F/10°C and fits temperature range 41-68°F/5-20 °C. 4lbs filling sleeping bags is comfort in 41°F/5°C, and fits temperature range in 32-59°F/0 – 15°C. Females are recommended to choose the thicker sleeping bags.
- 2-way zippers that right or left-hand zippers allow for 2 flannel sleeping bags for camping to be attached together.
- Convenient internal stuff pocket for store your belongings and a compressed oxford sack is included to pack.
The Redcap sleeping bag flaunts a high-quality ripstop polyester exterior fabric to supply your body with all the warmth it needs on your outdoor trip. Available in large sizes and for individuals as tall as 6ft, this durable and waterproof sleeping pad is a great option.
This best flannel sleeping bag option is designed to fit within 3 different temperature ratings and to supply the required level of warmth. It also combines cotton insulation with a soft flannel liner for absolute comfort.
A two-way zipper in either the left or right direction means you can easily join 2 sleeping bags. You can also open it up completely, turning it into a blanket on a cold night.
A built-in quick cord is helpful to roll up and secure your bag immediately after use, and a compressed Oxford polyester sack to store it means you don’t have to expose your bed to avoidable external damages. A 100% money-back guarantee and a 365-day warranty are extra incentives that come with a purchase of this product.
- Compression sack and quick cords
- Very affordable
- Waterproof exterior
- 3 different cotton fillings
- 2-way zipper
- Money-back guarantee
- Not suitable for heavy cold
- Noisy outer layer
- Not machine washable
Bessport Sleeping Bag – Best Flannel Sleeping Bag For Tall People
- 3lbs spray boned cotton-filling with high-loft insulation cotton flannel lined adult sleeping bag is comfort in 59°F/15°C and fits temperature range 23-59°F/-5-15°C. perfect for keeping you warm and sleeping soundly throughout any extreme condition. throughout any extreme condition.
- Outer shell are made from 220T ripstop polyester that washes incredibly well, protect against windy and wet weather prevent you from getting damp also durable for resists damage from stones, branches and other natural elements.
- At 29.5 x 82.5 inches, these sleeping bags are incredibly roomy for any adult 6’6″ or less, great for tall guys and active sleepers, side sleeper who likes to move around. Folded and stored in its compression bag is only 4.6lbs very compact and easy to carry.
- Double-sided zips provide outstanding performance for many years of use. Coupled with our anti-snag systems and draft tubes provide the best possible way to get in and out of an envelope sleeping bag, and the two zip sliders allow excellent venting options.
The Bessport sleeping bag is best for winters and a chilly fall nights. Designed on the large side, it’s perfect for people between 6’1 to 6’6 feet tall.
This winter sleeping bag is made from premium ripstop polyester material that’s weather and tear-resistant, and was designed to make sleeping in colder weather comfortable.
Double-sided reversible zippers ensure that you can get in and out of your sleeping bags easily and comfortably. It’s quite spacious and roomy for tall people and people who like to move around. It also houses a safe storage space for your wallets and phones.
Lightweight and portable, the Bessport sleeping bag is perfect for backpackers and overnight campers. An outer shell made from 320T Nylon guarantees a long-lasting product that won’t be damaged by snags or tears. This also helps to double the cozy warmth while sleeping.
Neatly stitched inner cotton fillings make for perfect synthetic insulation, especially during the spring and summer periods. The Bessport sleeping bag kit comes with a contraction to compress the sleeping bag into half its size making it super easy and portable to carry, especially for campers and overnight hikers.
- Durable outer layer
- Machine washable
- Drawstring hood and Velcro straps
- Winter perfect
AGEMORE Cotton Flannel Double Sleeping Bag – Best Waterproof Flannel Sleeping Bag
- Agemore Waterproof Backpacking Flannel Cotton Double Sleeping Bag is perfect for backpacking, camping and biking. Lined on the inside with a super soft brushed flannel cotton and filled with a high level 3D synthetic fiber fill for optimum warmth insulation. Suitable for spring, summertime and fall camping. Measures 59in (W) x 86.6in (H); fits people up to 6ft tall. Similar to sleeping in your own bed at home.
- Specifically engineered to compress tightly for easy packing, but puffs up nicely when in use. Amazingly ultra-lightweight and provides superior warmth. Easy to fold and includes a travel-friendly compression sack with a drawstring and straps for powerful compression. Compresses down to 17x 11.5x 11.5inches, with weight being only 7 lbs.
- Can be used as a single extra-large sleeping bag for doubling up, or it can be split into two separate sleeping bags. Features zippers on both sides so that either person can easily get out of the sleeping bag without disturbing the other person. Can also be fully unzipped and laid flat, turning the sleeping bag into two separate large blankets.
- Exterior is made with 210T high-count water-resistant polyester fabric, no need to treat with any water repelling sprays. Designed to prevent dampness, reduce humidity, condensation, and sweat. Features fastening-straps for keeping zippers safely closed throughout the night.
The Agemore cotton flannel bag is an excellent option for an overnight camping trip or summer camping.
Carefully designed with temperature ratings for 3 seasons of warm weather, this sleeping bag is lined with very soft flannel cotton coupled with 3D synthetic fiber filling to provide optimum warmth to help you sleep comfortably.
This sleeping bag can double into 2 or roll up into a single bed. Sturdy double zippers mean you can slip in and out of the bed comfortably, and it can also be opened up fully into a blanket when required. The brushed inner flannel cotton is gentle on the skin.
A water-resistant exterior made from high-quality polyester prevents dampness, humidity, and sweat. Velcro straps act as a zipper guard to keep it tightly secured.
Lightweight and portable, this high degree flannel sleeping bag comes with compressible bags and strong drawstrings to compress the bed into a small, portable bag that’s easy to carry.
- Machine washable
- Durable Polyester
- Value for money
- Waterproof Material
- Great for spring or summer camping
- Small pillows
ALPS OutdoorZ Redwood Flannel Sleeping Bag – Best Durable Flannel Sleeping Bag
- Oversized rectangle bag has cotton canvas outer layer, paired with a cozy 100% cotton flannel liner
- Two-layer construction eliminates cold sports and traps in maximum heat
- Roll-up straps allows you to easily roll and compress bag for transportation and storing
- The ALPS OutdoorZ Redwood is on our best sellers list; after one cozy use, you’ll know why
The Alps flannel sleeping bag combines cotton and flannel to give users an exquisite warmth. An outer layer of cotton canvas blended with a cotton flannel inner layer makes it a good choice.
An outer layer with roll-up straps and a quick-release bundle means you can compress the bag easily into a portable size that’s perfect for transportation. This flannel sleeping bag was designed to maximize comfort and increase the level of warmth through insulation, making it perfect for winter camping.
This oversized best flannel sleeping bag is equipped with synthetic insulation that’s perfect for harsh weather conditions. This sleeping bag opens up into a 2-meter blanket when zipped down completely. 2 side pulls mean you can open it up from the side into a double bed if preferred.
The presence of thick draft tubes on both sides of the zipper means you won’t lose heat, along with a drawstring at the top that you can close and trap heat inside. While the width is spacious enough with enough body room, the length may not be suitable for people above 6’0.
- Quality materials
- Heavy duty
- Comfortable and warm
- Machine washable
- May not be suitable for tall people
- No stora
How to Choose The Best Flannel Sleeping Bag
Flannel is a soft woven material of various levels of fineness. Original versions of flannel were made from staple wool as early as the 17th century but recent flannel products are crafted from wool, synthetic fiber, or cotton. Flannel is majorly used in the production of sleep-associated materials such as sleepwear, blankets, and bedsheets.
Sleeping bags are light and portable bedding that acts as an insulated covering to keep the body warm and protected, especially during outdoor trips. It majorly comes with a waterproof or water-resistant cover to keep out the mist, dew, or light showers while you sleep.
It also comes with a zipper or cover to allow you to tuck yourself in completely to lock in warmth during the cooler seasons. There are several models of sleeping bags designed for several purposes, inclusive of both outdoor and indoor uses.
In the following sections, we’ll be discussing some of the most important features to look out for when choosing a flannel sleeping bag so that you can make the right decision for your needs!
When picking out a camping or flannel sleeping bag, it’s imperative to choose a size larger than what you think you need. This is especially true for tall people – choose a couple of inches longer than your height to ensure a comfortable fit.
For the width, it generally depends on your preference and requirements. There are sleeping bags that can open up into double sizes with ample space for 2 people, as well as single sleeping beds with enough room for tosses and turns.
Temperature and Insulation Rating
Three different layers make up a sleeping bag. The outer layer, the middle filling, and the inner layer, and all 3 contribute collectively to providing the body with warmth. The filling is the most important because it determines the level of thickness and comfort the flannel bed would provide.
The outer layer is commonly made from high-quality polyester material because of its heat retention rate and waterproof feature.The inner layer utilizes delicate cotton flannel to provide that warm and smooth feel on the skin. Each sleeping bag comes with a temperature rating and an instruction on which weather it’s best for.
Weight and Portability
Most sleeping bags are usually light and easy to fold and carry. However the weight of a sleeping bag is determined by the materials used, which is why warmer bags designed for colder temperatures tend to be on the heavy side.
Some models come with an outer covering to house the bag thereby protecting it from dust and punctures. These coverings also make carrying the sleeping bag easy.
Several other features come with a sleeping bag that makes it easier to use. Some of these features include waterproofing and water resistance, to protect both your sleeping back and you during light showers or weather changes.
Another feature is the 2-way zipper system. This allows for the sleeping bag to open completely into a blanket or a hiking mattress.
How to Clean a Sleeping Bag
Sleeping bags should be washed after every 20 or so uses, depending on the area where it was used and how it was used. A few helpful steps to keep the bag clean during the period of use include sleeping in clean clothes and airing your bags under the sun after each use. You can also do a wipe-down with a clean duster.
Sleeping bags can be washed either by machine or by hand (be sure to check your individual sleeping bag for care instructions).
Keep in mind that overwashing and drying your sleeping bag or washsing it incorrectly can damage the sleeping bag or the materials used in making it, thereby reducing quality. Sleeping bags should also be turned inside out during washing to ensure the flannel layer is properly cleaned, too.
Whether you’re a winter camper, summer hiker, or survivalist, there’s a sleeping bag for every situation, budget, and sleeper. We’ve provided you with a list of the best flannel sleeping bag options available on the market.
The best part of the end of every day is when you lay down to get much-deserved rest, and that shouldn’t be comprised regardless of whether you’re within the comfort of your home or in the middle of the woods.
Outdoor sleeping doesn’t have to be boring or uncomfortable. With the information provided in this article, you can make the best decision and enjoy your flannel sleeping bags without worry. Before you go, be sure to check out our other articles for more tips and information on different survival hacks.