Storage containers go a long way in food preservation and food hygiene. Having a suitable storage container will ensure that rice is safely stored in an airtight container and is ready to use whenever it’s needed.
With so many rice storage containers on the market, it can be difficult finding the right one for your needs.
This article will compare storage containers and give you the best rice storage container reviews out there! We’ll also provide you with all you need to look out for when buying your rice storage container.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks
Table of Contents
- 1. LocknLock Easy Essentials Food Lids – Best for Portability
- 2. Komax Biokips Large Food Storage Container – Best for Countertop Storage
- 3. JapanBargain 1826, Japanese Large Rice Storage Container – Best for Large Batches of Rice
- 4. HJSQ 22lb Airtight Rice Storage Container – Best for Bulk Storage
- 5. DAOGUAN Airtight Rice Dispenser 22 Lbs Food Storage Container – Best for Airtight Storage
- What to Look Out for When Buying a Rice Container
- Final Thoughts
1. LocknLock Easy Essentials Food Lids – Best for Portability
- Smart kitchen storage: Get your pantry perfectly organized with the Easy Essentials Pantry 50.7-Cup Container with Flip Lid
- Durable: Strong, lightweight design makes it easy to grab ingredients right from the shelf
- No mess, stays fresh: Enhanced silicone seal keep foods fresh longer and prevents spills
- BPA-free food container: Peace of mind for healthy, happy food storage
The Locknlock easy storage container is a container with a lightweight design for easy lifting from the shelf. It has an enhanced silicone seal that will help your food stay fresh for a longer period.
It has a lid that’s easy to open and it helps your pantry stay perfectly organized with its large storage capacity.
It serves as a smart kitchen storage container that helps you get your pantry easily organized. A major unique quality of this storage container is its multipurpose nature. It can serve as a storage container for other of your dry grains.
- The weight of the container is 1.76 pounds
- The container is microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe
- It comes in different sizes according to your needs
- It can store more than 50 cups of rice
- It’s very affordable
- It has a beautiful exterior that will add more spice to your kitchen arrangement
- It can fit into your refrigerator, freezer, and cupboard
- The lid is very easy to open
- The container is good quality and long-lasting
- This container is very affordable
- The lid isn’t airtight
LocknLock Easy Essentials Food Lids serve as a smart kitchen storage container that helps you get your pantry perfectly organized.
2. Komax Biokips Large Food Storage Container – Best for Countertop Storage
- PERFECT STORAGE CONTAINER – Komax biokips large food storage container is a superb dispenser for dry and pet food. It’s durable, stackable and sizeable features make it stand above the rest.
- AIRTIGHT BUT NOT LEAK-PROOF – The sleek open door hatch and the measuring cup makes it easy to scoop pet food, and keeps airtight when closed (NOT Leakproof). A very convenient option for flour, sugar, rice, baking supplies, and pet food.
- FOOD SAFE – Made of PP, a BPA-Free recyclable material that’s 100% food-grade. Moreover, the container is heat-resistant and dishwasher safe (remove the lid).
- LARGE & SPACIOUS CONTAINER – Komax large bin is big enough to store +20 lbs of rice, 15 lbs of flour, +15 lbs of dog food, and +10 lbs of cat food. Offering you substantial size, and high-quality all at once.
The Komax Biokip is a high-quality storage container made of durable plastic. It can store up to 20 lbs of rice. The Komax Biokips large food storage container has an airtight seal that will keep your rice fresh and prevent any form of contamination.
The container is large enough to store up to 20 pounds of rice. Therefore, if you have a large family of more than four, this big storage container is your best bet.
- Weighs 1.94 pounds
- Features a silicone seal to keep your content fresh
- Microwave and dishwasher safe with the exception of the lid
- It’s highly durable and can last for a long time
- The container is microwave-safe
- The lid has a locking system to keep it in place while in use
- It comes with a measuring cup
- The container is stackable
- It’s not bug resistant as bugs can easily access the container through the hinged lid
- It’s not bug resistant as bugs can easily access the container through the hinged lid
The contents of the container can get under the hinged area on top of the lid which makes it very difficult to clean up without fully removing and cleaning the lid after every use.
Komax Biokips large food storage container is superior in quality and design, which makes it stand out among other similar products.
3. JapanBargain 1826, Japanese Large Rice Storage Container – Best for Large Batches of Rice
- Japanese Kome Bitsu Plastic Rice Storage Container perfect for Organize your Kitchen Cabinet, Made in Japan with High Quality
- Also a Great Storage Container for your Pet Food such as Dog Food, Cat Food, Bird Food, Guinea Pig Food, Mouse Food, Turtle Food and Fish Food.
- This Large See through Storage Container also Organizes Tools, Garden Supplies for your Workshop, Garage and Backyard
- Measuring Cup and a small Hanging Container inside for left over rice. Two Castor in the bottom for easy moving.
This white transparent container is best suited for collecting anything grain. It’s a great way to organize your rice and other grains. The JapanBargain 1826, Japanese Large Rice Storage Container can store up to 10kg of rice and is made of high quality and durable plastic.
This large rice storage container is 14 inches deep, 9 inches wide, and 13 inches high. Its careful design will make a perfect fit for your pantry arrangement. This container has a deep storage capacity and the hanging container can be used to scoop out rice for easy dispensing.
- Weighs 2.7 pounds
- It can store up to 10kgs of rice
- It has two castors in the bottom for easy moving
- It’s highly durable
- The container is easy to wash
- It has a transparent design that makes it easy to see the contents
- It comes with a free measuring cup
- It comes with a small hanging container
- The container isn’t airtight
- It’s more expensive when compared to other rice storage containers
- The container’s tall height can make it difficult to take out rice when the rice is running low
The JapanBargain 1826, Japanese Large Rice Storage Container is a stylish and functional container that will make your rice storage easy and convenient.
4. HJSQ 22lb Airtight Rice Storage Container – Best for Bulk Storage
- This rice storage container has two capacities (11LB/22LB)great for storing everything from rice, cereal, flour, grains, beans, pet food and more.
- BPA free food container,The airtight cereal containers is made of premium food-grade PP material.
- 2 silicone sealing gaskets and 4 snap-tight latches confirm that the lid is shut tight. Keep your food fresh.
- The rice container has wheels on the bottom allow to move it around in the pantry or countertop.
- Can be used in the kitchen, dining room, living room, convenient for life,Perfect for storing sugar, rice, grain, nuts, beans, coffee.
The HJSQ rice container is a highly sturdy container that is sure to last you years of use in your home or restaurant. The airtight container is made of high-quality food-grade polypropylene (PP) material. The capacity of this rice container (11LB/22LB) is ideal for storing plenty of rice for big families.
It has wheels for easy movement around the house and in the store. it comes with 2 silicone sealing gaskets and four tight latches that confirm that the lid is airtight.
- Weighs 1.96 pounds
- The rice container has wheels on the bottom allow to move it around in the pantry or countertop
- The container is made of high-quality material that makes it sturdy
- It has four snap-tight latches to make it airtight
- It’s a multipurpose container that can be used in your home kitchen or restaurant
- It’s very affordable
- It doesn’t come with a measuring cup
- It’s not lightweight
The HJSQ 22lb Airtight Rice Storage Container is a high-quality container with an airtight lid and has a snap-tight latch to keep your content fresh for longer.
5. DAOGUAN Airtight Rice Dispenser 22 Lbs Food Storage Container – Best for Airtight Storage
- BPA-FREE FOOD STORAGE CONTAINER:The airtight grain container is made of high-quality food-grade PP material, which can store food healthy and long-lasting
- EASY TO USE:The rice bucket container has an automatic flip lid and a convenient measuring cup. The flip lid can be opened by simply clicking the switch, and the measuring cup can easily scoop out food
- EXQUISITE WORKMANSHIP:The rice storage is simple and stylish, with a unique appearance. The surface and edges are rounded and polished, which will not hurt your fingers
- MULTI-USES:The food storage box has a rice capacity of 22 pounds (the capacity varies according to the density of the food). It is also suitable for storing grains, beans, sugar, flour, nuts, coffee, dried fruits, pasta or pet food, etc. It has a wide range of uses
- SAVING SPACE:The rice container is designed with a flip cover and is completely airtight, which can block moisture in the air and ensure that the grain is dry. And it doesna t take up space, it can be placed on the countertop or cabinet to make the kitchen more orderly
This Daoguan Airtight rice dispenser is made of high-quality and durable plastic. It has a transparent design that allows you to see the contents easily.
The DAOGUAN Airtight Rice Dispenser 22 Lbs Food Storage Container can store up to 22lbs of rice and has an airtight seal that will keep your rice fresh and prevent contamination. It comes with a patented pouring spout that makes dispensing rice so easy with just a press of the button!
- This rice container comes with a top-notch outlet channel
- Container weighs 2.57 pounds
- The container is uniquely designed with a beautiful exterior
- The airtight grain container is composed of food-grade PP plastic, which allows food to be stored safely and for a long time
- The rice bucket has an automated flip cover as well as a handy measurement cup
- The measuring cup can easily scoop out food, and the flip lid can be opened by just clicking the button
- Rice storage is simple and attractive, with a one-of-a-kind look
- It May not be the best option for those on a budget
- It doesn’t have wheels which makes it difficult to move around or transfer to other containers
This rice container is an airtight storage solution that keeps large amounts of rice fresh for longer.
What to Look Out for When Buying a Rice Container
Choosing the best rice storage container depends on the needs of each family’s preference. Below are a few things to pay attention to when purchasing your rice container.
Size of the Container
If you’re the type of person that buys your rice in large quantities from the store, you want to make sure that you have a container that’s big enough to store the rice you need to keep. The sizes of rice containers vary so make sure that you’re aware of the capacity of the container before purchasing one.
Another factor to consider when purchasing a rice storage container is the ergonomic design. This allows for easy movement of the container with less effort on your part. The rice containers with an ergonomic design usually have wheels at the bottom for easy movement.
Excellent Outlet Channel
An important factor to consider when buying a rice storage container is the outlet channel. This makes it possible for rice to pour without much effort on your part, making your work in the kitchen more convenient.
A Bisphenol (BPA) free plastic material is the best type for food storage, because it won’t leak toxic materials into your rice. Finding the best rice storage container that’s BPA free is important for protecting the health of you, your family, or your customers.
An airtight lid is the best container lid for rice storage as it protects the rice from contaminants and pests such as moths, moisture, and dust.
The Durability of the Container
The durability of a container is best judged based on its material and also the number of latches. A good container must have sturdy construction with at least 4 latches to ensure it remains airtight. The combination of these features makes for an excellent container.
Rice storage container prices vary, you need to consider the features of the container and the capacity you need in order to determine your budget.
Q: Is it Better to Keep Rice in Glass or Plastic Containers?
A: It depends on your preferences in the kitchen. Some plastics contain chemicals that can leak into your rice store, affecting the health of your family or customers who visit your restaurant. That said, you can find BPA free and similar plastic rice storage containers that are perfectly safe to use.
Glass is generally preferred by health-conscious people, so it really comes down to your preferences.
Q: Does Rice Need to be Stored in an Airtight Container?
A: Stored rice may become stale if it’s exposed to air for a long time. An airtight container is the best way to store your rice to keep it fresh and protected from moisture and oxygen.
Q: How long Does Rice Last in a Storage Container?
A: In a cool, dry place, properly stored white rice will last for at least one year. Brown rice has a lower shelf life due to its oil content and will spoil after a few months under normal conditions. You may be able to extend the shelf life of your rice by placing oxygen and moisture absorbers into your containers.
Q: Is it Possible to Vacuum Seal Rice?
A: Yes, it’s possible to vacuum seal rice. You can either use a vacuum-sealing machine or an oxygen absorber packet to remove the air from the bag. This will help to extend the shelf life of the rice.
Q: How Long Will Rice Retain its Freshness in a Vacuum-Sealed Jar?
A: Sugar and flour can last six months in a pantry, but using a vacuum sealer extends that to one to two years. Similar results might be achieved with rice and pasta. These can stay fresh for up to six months if kept normally, but if vacuum packed, they can be stored for one to two years.
Rice is an excellent food to store for emergencies, as it’s a high-energy food and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Storing rice for the long term ensures you have food stores that can last for months or even years.
Rice storage containers ensure your rice remains fresh for a longer period of time without the risk of getting spoiled by pests or moisture. These containers are available in different sizes depending on your needs.
Now that you know what the best rice storage container is, check out our articles on the Ultimate Prepper Food storage plan and The Complete Guide to Picking The Perfect Bug Out Location so that you can get prepared for emergencies.